Tuesday, June 9, 2009

9/10 June 2009

L was again in my dream last night.

This time in Well.

visiting
possibly for a festival?

a smattering of Tents in a wet field - a side of a hill? angled - on a slope?

we meet
was I with someone else?
I think I was.
Met L on the street
Did I know L was in town?

I've left this too long - sunlight
- though murky through the spitting rain clouds -
has blown away the substance of this dream...

we talked
I'm sure we talked

not anger
nor the high emotion
which so often perpetrates dreamlives

just isolated individuals
talking

what did we talk about?
there are things we talked about
of that I am sure...

she was going somewhere
the festival?
did that jigsaw piece fit here?
festival up the hill towards Brooklyn?

but then
giant flash floods filled the streets gushing down from Uni - more oft a rising tide - some amorphous swell behind the crashing wave

I have it as Vivian street
I suspect daylight embellishment here


then we're in a side street watching it crash along...

and then moving fast
though not rushing
to another street
and there again another giant wave
a river of water out of nowhere
bearing down on us.

or was it the same wave?**

L goes another way
we separate

I wonder if I should
follow / try and save

but it doesn't seem the right thing to do

She seems very much in command of her situation

and somehow the giant waves don't seem to great a threat to us
(although we still have to avoid them)

Now, I wonder if I was a coward...
- but it doesn't feel so.

As ever the order of the dream is uncertain
I'm sure there were more giant waves after L left.

somehow
I / we / I*
(*= I'm sure I was with someone else)
get a lift

...I don't recall getting into the car
but I don't think the dream just jumped...

get into a limousine
inside it is huge
a veritable 18wheeler -
or luxury house on wheels.

through the tinted glass we can see outside
- a motorway
I don't think there was flooding?
maybe there was
like paddy fields - all below the level of the road
daylight embellishment?

inside
the well dressed man - the Passenger -
is sitting at one side of the spacious sunken limo room

He shows us around
in response to our exclamations
(we note the size of 'room' within the car
even in our Dreamlives this seems an extraordinary thing)

there are rooms and corridors further back?
somehow forward?

somehow we move forward
back to the entrance room of the limo
and
He shows us
that he can draw aside
a curtain
(door? panel?
hidden sliding wood panel
like a cabinet?
slightly lower than us)
and there is another room inside the Limo
steps down to
a
cinema?
small private screening room?
or just a luxury room
I WAKE

as far as I recall the dream ended there




No comments:

Post a Comment