Tuesday, June 23, 2009

23/24 June 09 - a mere slither of Tuesday Night's Matariki Dream

...Vampires...

...the girl with no name* (G)...

...SHdj (Sad House) delivering me a note...

...directing someone to the place where I had been before...
pointing in the direction of a pub
I think it is that one,
but it looks all wrong
too traditional mock? old pub-like
old wooden beams
and, like JJs, a series of wooden alcoves
but I am sure that was the right name
I don't recall the name now
but I read it then
on the sign...

but I was there before

and it wasn't this place

we walk further down the winding street
the street has a slightly Parisian feel
along the next bend
yes
the sign says
in swirling design
"the Hat- something ...cafe?, restaurant? tea house?"...
Hat-Whisp?...
(It isn't a name I recall in my dream
I thought it was the other name
the name of the pub... hmm...)
but this is the place
filled with folk - much more than when I went here and negotiated earlier

(negotiated about what?...
that dreamfrost is lost to the light of day pulling long shadows on the hills)

the place is not particularly ostentatious
and has large glass front but an old
1920s practical look inside
slightly scruffy
tan walls
a counter running along the far wall
the entrance goes in from the front
(daylight embellishment?... not sure...)
so there are two
distinct glass 'alcoves' jutting out
closer to the street
these contain old wooden tables
and people sitting around them
looking out (possibly)
whereas the rest of the space is standing
jostling people drinking (beer?)


but there is the large woman
the main negotiator
for whomever this band of ... thieves? workers?
whomever they might be
drinking with a bunch of large bulky men
at one of the tables
the Hat-something is packed
full of people
the large glass windows misting up
(surely this is daylight embellishment?)

this is the place
do I point her out
or does he just know?...

I leave SHdj to go in.

the dream drifts away...

Later
a vampire party?...
underground...
crypt arches?...
is this all daylight invention?...
visually I think we can say there were a lot of chic? semi-goths
and in dreamland
these are Vampires

and within the party is G

I think it was SHdj who went with a note to G - the Girl
got me to write it.
and comes back with a reply...

I have a feeling this is the 2nd note back
in blue biro - the post-it sized note is now smattered with writing
below a previous note
it says
meet you / see you / or words to that effect
meet you NEXT TUESDAY

and
I WAKE.

*=yep, the vanishing waitress - G

There was much much more to this dream - this is the moment before the penultimate part and then the end - but it is all I recall at the moment...


2 comments:

  1. I don't trust it. Don't go there on Tuesday - believe is part of vampire/semi-goth conspiracy.

    ReplyDelete